Thursday, October 15, 2015

Bored to the Bone

I'm fuelled by boredom, my inspiration to live is sparked by boredom - It is the moon to my night, the music to my ears, the Ramly burger to my hunger. Everything starts with boredom.

Let me walk you through it. The feeling of boredom emerges the moment my brain begins to feel like it is not used for the purpose of thinking but merely to exist, sort of an existential crisis within this nugget I call my brain. This is the moment, the rest of my body feels uneasy, restless. My arms start to flail a bout like a national flag on a windy day. I start singing nonsensical lyrics that are nonsensical (much like this repetitive adjective); and if you happen to be around me, you would actually find me entertaining and funny for the first 3 minutes. After that, you will inevitably repel me like how you would avoid your ex's parents. 

At this point, singing nonsensical lyrics becomes boring and my will to live is challenged. I start asking myself, "What is my purpose? Why am I here? What have I achieved?" Subsequently, I answer my own questions, "You are nothing. You shouldn't be here. You have done nothing." This becomes a proper mantra, much like the ones you hear monks chant and repeat to gain a sense of inner peace with the purpose of enlightenment... except mine boils my kiasu-ego with anger, frustration. And this kiasu-ness in me do not want to give in to the said mantra, "I want to have purpose. I want to be somewhere. I have much to do."

And that is the story of how soimjenn.blogspot.my is created. 

With that said, I don't want it to be created out of boredom and die down because of boredom. 

So, I've come up with a singular purpose for this blog: To grow with me.

Blogs started off as a diary, a form of self-expression, and set as a reminder of one's journey. This will be mine, where I document my utter shamelessness in exploring food, fashion, faces, and funny antics of this exciting thing we call life. 

I've decided to name it, The Infinity Blog. It's pretty apt considering the type of person I am (also, because I've always been a vivacious fan of Buzz Lightyear... and all things Toy Story). There is so much I'd love to know and see and experience in this lifetime, where possibilities are endless and infinite. That is motivation enough, the thought of this invigorating new journey I am taking, this blog.

And I am sincerely beyond stoked to share, entertain and hopefully inspire you through this humble blog.


Catch you in the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment